How to Join
CREW ONE exists to foster the development of expedition leadership and high adventure skills in 14-20 year olds (coed) in the context of the BSA Venturing Program.
- Cooperative Team Development
- Mastery of Skills Competence
- Expedition Planning and Logistics
- Risk Assessment
- Tolerance for Adversity & Uncertainty
What is High Adventure?
In the context of our vision, high adventure is defined as expedition-style (i.e., multi-day), backcountry / wilderness, human-powered travel.
VENTURE CREW ONE is based in Bozeman, Montana and chartered by Backpacking Light to:
“…promote youth development initiatives focused on instilling the attributes of honor, courage, and leadership through practice in the context of the complex and challenging environment of High Adventure; and further believes that practicing these traits provides a practical foundation that youth can use in their adult lives as positive practicing citizens in their family, workplace, and communities; and further believes that Venturing BSA provides an effective model for doing so.” – Crew One Bylaws, Sec. 1-A-5.
CREW VISION STATEMENT:
- Build RELATIONSHIPS with HONOR
- Face CHALLENGES with COURAGE
- Practice EXPEDITION LEADERSHIP
- Experience HIGH ADVENTURE
Crew One Summer 2014 Expedition Update: “It is finished!” – A 13-day, 105-mile packrafting expedition in the Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex!
- Read about it in the Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Great Falls Tribune here and here, and the Billings Gazette.
- Read daily dispatches sent via satellite at Ryan Jordan’s blog.
(Some of these pages are password protected at this time)
- Meet our Crew Leaders.
- View our current schedule of meetings, activities, and outings.
- Review Crew One’s Bylaws to learn about our charter, vision, and activity focus.
- Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- Download forms and learn more about Venturing on our Resources page.
- Contact us if you are interested in joining Crew One.